Add c


Lazy day today. Kicking back in the living room, a nice fire keeping the house warm and two sleeping kitties keeping me company. Hubby raised the harmonium so the angle of arms won't put my fingers to sleep. I really like it. The weaving bench he made a couple of months ago is a perfect organ bench with a couple of pillows added. Granted a harmonium is not a full size organ, yet, the set-up is comfy and kinda like the old days LOL

Finally got the phone app to work on the IdeaPad Flex. My Gods, typing messages to people is so much easier and less painful. Interesting that I'm taking this quarantine time to 1) acknowledge the pain in my hands and 2) do something about it. The nerve tests are postponed till the clinic can get back to 'normal.' So, the wrist braces I purchased are terrific for sleeping with and for just keeping the right hand steady. I didn't realize that I clench my fists when I sleep. Hey, I grind my teeth and have to wear teeth guards so wearing wrist braces makes a heck of a lot of sense. At any rate my hands do not ache so darn much in the morning and this is good. I still have periodic pools of pain in the palm of my right hand but the pain is doable for now.

Chilly, what is it with the bone-biting chill lately? This chill is more like the San Francisco Peninsula chill. Yeah, that one, where you have the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Bay on the other and the chill, let alone the fog, goes right into your bones.

Thank heavens for the few days of rain. Pollen count plummeted. A couple of friends in town had already gone in for the seasonal allergy shot and were actually contemplating a SECOND shot when the rains came. They are incredibly happy.

Been comparing herbal concoctions with friends. I have two, slightly different, blends of Fire Cider macerating happily in the garage. Tried a couple of different recipes for Thieves Oil to make a nice anti-viral spray and am pleased with one and not thrilled with the other. Listened to a nice chat with Rosalee de le Foret and John Gallagher yesterday about which herbs are good for which situations. They really wanted to address the incredible amount of mis-information that is out there on the web and try to clear up any really, really bad info. Matthew Woods, Jim McDonald, Kami McBride, Dr. Tieraona Low Dog and Dr. Christopher Hobbs are really putting out great information with scientific backup. 

Ah I think I've found the idea situation for typing on the Flex tablet cuz I've been typing like a maniac on speed. WOW  Maybe I will go check out that NaNoWriMo for quarantine. 

My harper friends up in Monroe; Aryeh Frankfurter and Lisa Lynne Franco set out a FB update that all is well up at the homestead. They've had to cancel 34 performances AND a tour!. Wow. The good thing, according to Lisa, is that they are recording a new CD in the home studio. Yippee!!!

Just about time to listen to Krishna Das in a live kirtan concert. Really want to pay attention to how he plays harmonium.  Tomorrow is a live kirtan with Jai Uttal. Looks like he's been playing more guitar lately but will check out his harmonium style too. 

Jaya Radhe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching up